Thursday, May 16, 2013

Welcome to the first of many blogs!

I'm not too familiar with this whole blogging thing, but I'm willing to give it a go. Especially if it'll mean better chances of getting my writing out to more folks.

I'm not really sure what I'll be writing about, but odds are it'll revert back to anime or music at some point in time. Anime will probably be the majority of what I write about, so be prepared for that. Will also go into my writing style, how I take notes, and the inception of most of my work. How certain stories start with as little as one phrase, and that one phrase becomes a 6,000+ word story.

I will always welcome criticisms.

Don't be afraid to tell me if you don't like something I wrote, don't be afraid to tell me if something feels like it needs more work. I'm not one of those writers who berates people who 'dislike' his work.

I really have no idea what to cover in this. Hopefully you'll join me in this journey, and help me out by participating whenever I ask for judgements on certain poems, short stories, or novellas.

On that note I will be trying to post at least 1 short story every month. Each will be different from the last, featuring an entirely new cast of characters, and each will be open for discussion, for advisories, for critiques. Tell me how I can make it better, what you liked and what you hated.

Can't really think of anything else at the moment. My name is Oscar Lopez, but my poet signature is Oscar Grind, call me by either.

It's nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment